Thanks for watch me grow!

Lilypie

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fact Finding on Pasta

Pertaining to the issue of the Heinz Pasta which I prepared for Oscar, herewith some "fact-finding" to share.

After chit-chatting in MP Forum - Pek-Pek Club on my failure on this Pasta, mummy Carol did shared with me that this sauce I used (Heinz - Mum's Recipe RM4.90) is oily & might not suitable for baby. She also suggested to use the "white sauce" or "pumpkin sauce" which special mention on this Pasta's "cooking instruction".

I was not able to get ths 2 sauces because it was out of stock. Since I am so eager to cook this pasta for Oscar, without second thought, I get this Heinz Sauce - Mum's Recipe (Creamy Pasta Tuna sauce), which stated suitable for 7mths+++.

I am just thinking that if I use the white sauce/pumpkin sauce which special design for this Pasta, then Oscar might not gone through all the terrible experience. If this really the real fact, then this title should change to "Fault Finding".

I never cook the sauce. After the pasta boiled in water for 15min, I just dry it, then I put all the sauce on top the pasta, then I use Microwave to heat for 5min. I think this is the main cause on Oscar diarhhea. How can I prepare baby food with MICROWAVE? I really upset on my wrong doing! This is another "Fault Finding".

My personal opinion:
The sauce looks oily & maybe Oscar's little stomach not get use to all this 'high end' baby food yet. As his daily main recipe is nanny's nutricious porridge & butterscoth bread as his snack/tea break.

But I did let Oscar try on outside food - Pizza Hut's chicken pasta for few time but he is fine with it.

I always said myself is an idiot in kitchen. This pasta is another proven result on my 'idiot in kitchen' theory. I do not know when... I can become an "Ideal in kitchen"?!

6 comments:

  1. Dun give up...sure you can be a good chef one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel & Oscar darling!!!

    Sorry for dropping by so late... :)

    what a lovely blog, i love the picture of oscar on the header, he's so cute!!!!!

    Dont worry dear, just try a few times, and very important to make sure baby's food is always cooked... cos u never know how long these shelved food has been outside, on the shelves.

    Muaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mommy Angel, don take it so hard and blame yourself for this. Believe me...you will make it one day and become Oscar's best chef from the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont blame yourself Angel. We always learned from mistake.

    I am sure you will cook better recipe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont blame yourself then dont b so sad...people said "practice make perfect"....so dun gv up k...Happy trying on other recipes..cheers:)
    Btw i got anward for you:
    http://mummyryan.blogspot.com/2009/07/lovely-blog-award-best-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angel,
    I did try the white sauce + ABC pasta for my twins too. You can heat the white sauce, it's a bit thick, you may add water to dilute it.
    I added some tuna, fried egg on top of the pasta too. (But, my twins don't like the western style, they just prefer the pasta with homemade soap) Sigh....

    ReplyDelete